Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Intro to j.Bowman Can't Sleep: Top 6 Posts

"Who the hell is j.Bowman, and why is he a finalist to replace the Kurtenbloggers?" - Everyone

Welcome new readers. I swear the blog is usually tidier than this. I uhh, just had some people over late last night and I didn't have time to clean. Care for a drink? No? Okay we will get straight down to the business at hand.

(Wait! Hold on, how did this get in here? Oh, right. I put it here)

In case you were wondering, my name is j.Bowman and I am the owner, operator, janitor and designated hitter for j.Bowman Can't Sleep. If you want to know more about me (like some quick facts) you can click on the "about me" tab at the top of the page. If you're like me (god help you), and are too lazy to click that tab all the way up there, I will give you a brief rundown on who I am, what I'm about, and whether or not I'm allergic to anything (spoiler alert: I am. "Non-awesomeness".)

I am a 26 year old from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I enjoy singing, dancing and Chinese woks on the beach. In all seriousness (don't expect to read those 3 words here that often) I love many things, among them movies, sports and... umm...what do girls like these days? Yeah, whatever it is, I like that too. I started writing this blog back in April of 2010 and over the last year and a half have seen readership increase from 0 (even I didn't read it back in the early days) to a sizable amount of regular readers (whom I refer to as "Monpeeps", cause I like to sprinkle a little French here and there in my speech)

One thing I am very passionate about is the Vancouver Canucks hockey team. There are Trevor Linden references all over this blog and last year, even with readership expanding to places that don't care about the Canucks (4th World countries as far as I'm concerned), I started writing posts about the team. I write about whatever is on my mind, and being a fan of the team means that, well, they are at the forefront more often than not. Sorry to my readers in South Africa, you'll just have to deal with that.

If you are reading this, you must know that I am one of the finalists for The Province Newspaper's contest to replace the Kurtenbloggers (either that or you google searched "Pasty Idiot" and I came up after Conan O'Brien). I write about a great many things, the Canucks just happen to be one of them. To give you a sample of what I'm about and what my writing style is like, here are a few of my top 6 posts that aren't Canucks centric:

(Warning: These are pretty raw so there might be some punctuation errors in there. Oh, also there is quite a bit of swearing. I write a lot cleaner now, just know that some of these posts feature cussin')

"A Funny Thing Happened at 35,000 ft"

"My 6 Point Plan To Sit At The Grownup Table This Christmas"

"Blog Off 2011: The Buffet System is Broken, People!"

"Sidney Crosby Bowman: Year One"

"Mall of Duty: Shopping Warfare"

"Irrational Fear of the Month: November 2010 - The Ocean"

There you have it, folks. If you no longer think I should get the job (or any job for that matter) I completely understand. There might have been flourishes of Canucks content in there, but if you want to read any of my recent Canucks posts (which are clean by the way. No cussin') links to the posts I wrote during the selection process can be viewed by clicking below. Just so you know what you are getting into if you choose to #VoteBow4Blog

Getting to Know Your 2011/2012 Vancouver Canucks

"The Gameover" Canucks vs. Rangers recap

Cody Hodgson & Liev Schreiber: Two Journeys?

"Weise Side Story" Canucks vs. Predators recap

"Young Guns II" Canucks vs. Oilers recap

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter (@jbowmancouver) or go on over to the j.Bowman Can't Sleep Facebook page and click LIKE (the majority of the cool kids are doing it) and I thank you in advance for your support over the next few weeks. I'm up against some awesome talent with legions of followers, so if you love scrappy underdogs, I'm your man. I'm like "Rudy", only taller.


Thanks for Reading

- jB

No comments:

Post a Comment